Sweet Potato & Coconut Soup
1kg Sweet Potato (peeled & chopped)1 Large Carrot (peeled & dice
1 Large Onion (diced)
4 Cloves of Garlic (chopped)
1 thumb sixed piece of Ginger (chopped)
A little Olive Oil
1 tsp Red Thai Curry Paste
1 Lime (halved)
700ml Vegetable stock
200ml low-fat Coconut milk
35g Cashew Nuts
Fresh Coconut Flakes
1. Preheat Oven to 180C/ 160C fan Gas mark 4.
2. Mix sweet potato, carrot, onion, garlic & ginger in a large bowl with a little oil and curry paste. Mix well spread on a baking tray, season to taste & add the lime halves. Cook for 35 mins
3. Remove Lime halves but keep. Place remaining ingredients into a large pan add stock & coconut milk. Simmer, then cover with a lid & cook over a low heat for 10 mins.
4. Leave to cool slightly, add most of the Cashew nuts and blitz until smooth. Season to taste with a squeeze of the cooked lime.
5. Garnish with coriander, toasted coconut and remaining cashews.